It might be hard to believe but this rich, gooey chocolate dessert is low in fat. Now there is no reason not to make it.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 40g reduced fat spread
- 1 1/2 tbs sifted cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tbs sifted cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- Reduced fat spread, extra, for greasing
- Lightly grease 4 x 3/4 cup ovenproof dishes with reduced fat spread. Mix 1 cup self-raising flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 40g melted and cooled reduced fat spread, 1 1/2 tbs sifted cocoa powder, 1 egg and 1/2 cup skim milk in a bowl. Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Divide batter evenly among the 4 dishes. Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 1/2 tbs sifted cocoa powder. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the cake batter. Pour 1/3 cup boiling water over each dish.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked. Let puddings stand for 5 minutes before serving.