Sunday, January 30, 2011

A serious triumph

This last weekend was a very strong weekend for me.
We went to my Husbands’s best friend’s house. Now, bear in mind whenever we have gone there in the past they make things like pancakes, bacon, eggs, waffles, etc for breakfast, they have about 4 or 5 desserts with dinner, lunch is filling, and usually have have afternoon tea as well, but everyone is full to the brim from breakfast anyway. They serve enough food to feed an African village, or maybe even more.
I went there with the intention to hopefully not put on any weight. Was going to only eat vegies, and definitely no dessert, despite everyone else doing the same thing. The last time I went there, I came home 3 kg heavier, so I was very wary if I could actually do it.
Well, I did it, I had baked potato, without the sour cream or all the other naughty things that were provided. Instead of fried bacon and pancakes for breakfast, I ate just right, and 1 slice of toast with sliced tomato. I even avoided all the desserts, the good thing is I could sit there and watch others eat the delicious looking desserts, and I didn’t even feel tempted at all.
The first day there I went for a 1 hour walk, and the 2nd day I went on 2 bike rides, totalling 90 minutes, and on our final day we went after breakfast, thank god!
This morning I weighed myself, and to my surprise and delight, I was half a kilo lighter!! If I can lose weight there, I can do ANYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment